Looking for a unique off-grid venue for a children’s birthday party? We have our Roundhouse, an all-weather shelter, equipped kitchen and tables and chairs to host your perfect party. You can use the yurt (Spring/Summer only) for games, crafts and fun.
On the site there are large open areas for games, a willow dragon, mud kitchen, story telling chair, trim trail and plenty of fun places to play in ten acres of beautiful Derbyshire countryside.
- Pop your own popcorn and toast marshmallows over the open fire
- Have a barbecue
- Large open area for games
- Natural play area with living willow dragon and mud kitchen
- Ideas and suggestions: from natural craft activities, to Quidditch parties to storytelling
- Camping options also available. (18s and under must be accompanied by a responsible adult).
Looking for someone to run a party for you?
For weekend parties, fully trained Forest School leader/s who have experience through our Forest School at Whistlewood can provide activities to amuse your party guests. With activities, games and craft activities they provide different packages that can include food.
Suggested times for daytime parties are:
- Saturdays or Sundays 10.30am – 2.00pm (for a party from 11.30am – 1.30 pm) or 1.30pm – 5.00pm (for a party from 2.30pm – 4.30pm)
- After school from 4pm – 7.30pm (for a party from 5.00pm – 7.00pm)
- School holidays during the week. 10.30am – 2.00pm (for a party from 11.30am – 1.30 pm) or 1.30pm – 5.00pm (for a party from 2.30pm – 4.30pm) or 4pm – 7.30pm (for a party from 5.00pm – 7.00pm)
- The above are suggested times. We may offer different times depending on site bookings and the time of year.
- We offer 3.5 hours of site hire for the hire charge price allowing for a 2 hour party with plenty of time to set up and clear up after your party.
How many children can I have at my party?
The prices quoted allow for 18 children. If you would like to invite more children then please contact us for a separate quote.
What should I be aware of?
To fit in with our ethos we encourage you to think about how you will minimise rubbish at your party, we do not have a rubbish collection so any rubbish produced will need to be taken off site.
We discourage the use of balloons at parties because of their effect on wildlife but do encourage the use of lots of paper decorations!
We have a rainwater collection system but recommend that all water is boiled before drinking. You may wish to bring some drinking water for your party.
We offer total site exclusivity for your party to safeguard your party guests.
All the information described is for a daytime party. If you would like to have an overnight celebration party then please take a look at: https://www.shop.whistlewoodcommon.org/product/camping-and-yurt-hire/
How does it work?
Pick a couple of potential dates with your preferred times. Click here to enquire about dates
We will then confirm if the dates are free. If you are interested in a Forest School Leader running the party then you will need to contact Derby Forest School separately at mailto:email@example.com If you are intending to follow-up with Derby Forest School please let us know when you enquire about dates. Once you have sorted out your Forest School leader for the party please come back and let us know. We will direct you back to this page to pay for site hire. Your payment to Derby Forest Schools for the Forest School leader will be separate.
How much is the site hire for a party?
A weekday party is £40. If your party is on the weekend or falls on a Bank Holiday then it is £50.
Your party will not be confirmed until payment is made.
If you cancel more than 2 weeks before the party then we can offer you a refund minus an admin fee of £15. We can alternately offer you a carry-over of the amount you have paid which can be redeemed on a party (up to December of the following year that your party was due to be held) or an equivalent priced item such as a stay in our Yurt (up to December of the following year that your party was due to be held).
We will confirm these details to you upon cancellation at which if we do not receive a response within a week with your preference then we would withdraw our offer of a refund or carry-over.
If you cancel the booking less than 2 weeks before the party is due to be held then no refund (or carry-over) would be offered.
There are no reviews yet.