Mindfulness for compassion, clarity, happiness and well-being
with Roger Hunt of The MindShed
5-week Mindfulness course, Tuesday evenings: May 14th, 21st, 28th, June 4th and 11th.
Timing: 7.00 pm – 8.30 pm
£95 (£47.50 deposit and then full payment 1 week prior to course start)
Limited Concessionary places are available. Please see our Terms and conditions to see if you qualify.
About Mindfulness for compassion, clarity, happiness and well-being
This 5-week programme will take you on a journey into the wonderful world of mindfulness and meditation, exploring what it means to live a mindful life. Over the 5 weeks we will build together the solid foundations that will help and support you to bring this practice into your life. The course aims to assist you to:
- Find a greater contentment in life
- Discover true self compassion and compassion for others
- Have a greater awareness of the patterns of the mind
- To find a deep sense of peace, stillness and happiness regardless of outside circumstances
- To find clarity in life and increased well-being.
- Reconnect with nature and our own original nature
The sessions last for 1.5 hours in the beautiful Roundhouse at Whistlewood Common and will include teachings, talks and guided meditations and plenty of time for discussion and reflection in a safe, supportive, confidential and friendly atmosphere. In order to create this atmosphere and group support, this is a small group course and numbers are limited.
The course is suitable for beginners and those wishing to refresh their practice. It provides a gateway to exploring mindfulness and meditation further through the 8-week course and longer retreats.
Over the 5 sessions we will cover
- What is mindfulness
- Breath and body
- How to work with thoughts and emotions with mindfulness
- Stillness, resilience and clarity
- Compassion for self and others
You will receive a course handbook and access to recorded meditations for home practice between sessions. You will also have access to a private Facebook group dedicated to this course and free email support and updates.
Shinrin -Yoku – Forest bathing
As part of the course we will also spend time exploring the wonderful art of ‘shinrin-yoku’ which translates as ‘forest bathing’. We will use the skills we have started to build in mindfulness and meditation and take them outside into the surrounding nature, opening all your senses and taking in the restorative and rejuvenating effects of being in nature.
After the course
To further support your ongoing practice, you will have access to
- Practice Evening – One practice evening at Whistlewood Common per month, run on a donation basis (all donations go to Whistlewood Common)
- Email support and updates from Roger.
- Notice of any upcoming workshops and events at Whistlewood Common and The MindShed.
- Discounts on 1-2-1 life coaching sessions with Roger, either online through zoom webinar or face to face at Whistlewood.
(Please note it is not advisable to attend this course if you are currently experiencing acute emotional distress such as severe depression, or Post traumatic stress disorder. Alternative therapies, help and support are available. Please talk to your GP if you are unsure and also feel free to contact me on 07921 551203 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for further information)
About Roger Hunt
Roger is an EDI accredited qualified life and well-being coach with a level 5 diploma in life/performance coaching. He is a member of The National council of Psychotherapists – The UK professional standards body. Roger discovered mindfulness and meditation after the loss of a close family member and the realization that life might be passing him by. He has since gone on to train with Mindfulness CIC to instruct and facilitate mindfulness and meditation, to share with others, this beautiful, life-fulfilling practice.