We look forward to welcoming you to Whistlewood.
Course fees are for one person attending a course (unless otherwise stated). Where courses are suitable for children this will be specified in the course description. The age of a child place may vary dependent on the suitability of the course.
Please read the course instructions carefully about what to bring and where to attend. Occasionally some of our events take place at other local venues. Details of location, public transport and parking are on our website www.whistlewoodcommon.org.
On occasion it will not be possible to park on site, due to ground conditions.
Where parking facilities are available on site any vehicles and their contents are left at the owner’s risk. We do not accept any liability for any damage, loss or injury to any member of your party or possessions whilst on site.
Please contact us to discuss your requirements. Our site is grass and woodland but we will make every effort to accommodate you. At the moment our compost toilet is not wheelchair accessible (we have plans for a disabled toilet, coming soon), but if you contact us, giving as much notice as possible, and we will be able to make special arrangements.
We endeavour to make our workshops and events accessible to all. Please contact us if you have special requirements (eg to bring a carer) and we will discuss how we can help.
Most workshops include refreshments, and some include lunch. Please see the course description about what to bring. All refreshments and lunch include a vegetarian option but please email us if you have additional special dietary requirements.
Tools and materials:
All tools will be provided and materials are also included, unless specifically stated in the course description. For some courses you may want to bring your own inspiration and a small amount of materials to personalise your item.
- If you cancel a booking more than 2 weeks prior to the start of a course/event, we will refund your fees less a £15 administration charge. If the fee paid was £15 or less, no refund will be given. Refunds must be requested within one week of your cancellation. This should be done by email to the course administrator or via the contact form.• If you cancel your booking less than 2 weeks prior to the course/event, we will not normally make refunds unless you are able to find a substitute for your place or we are operating a waiting list for that course/event and can find a replacement for you. However, if the cancellation is due to an illness, medical condition or other exceptional circumstances, we will consider requests for a refund provided that you let us know before the start of course/event. Again, any refunds will be less a £15 administration charge. Refunds must be requested within one week of your cancellation. This should be done by email to the course administrator or via the contact form.
- We do not transfer bookings to other courses/events and cannot hold on to funds. Therefore, if you wish to attend a different course to the one you are booked on, please request a refund (terms and conditions as above), and book a place on the new course of your choice via the website.
- In the very unlikely event that we have to cancel a course or event, or have to cancel your booking for any other reason, we will refund your fees in full.
If your chosen course is full please email us to request to be put on our waiting list. We cannot guarantee you will get a place but we’ll contact you if one becomes available. If there are lots of people on the waiting list we will endeavour to put on another workshop.
Any data collected during the course of this booking will be stored on our computer(s). Your contact details will be added to our database to receive newsletters and updates about Whistlewood Common. We will not pass your details onto any other organisation. If you would prefer not to receive this information then please notify us and we will remove your details from our database immediately.
We try and keep a small amount of places reserved for those on low-incomes. These places will be held until the concessionary places are all full, or until two weeks before the event or workshop, when the places will then be opened to all.
You are eligible for the concessionary rate on our courses/events if you are a full-time student (with a student-ID card) or receive one or more of the means-tested benefits below. If your circumstances are exceptional but not listed below then please contact us before you book.
Please provide full information of your eligibility when booking your place, and bring proof to the event/workshop.
• Job Seekers Allowance (JSA)
• Employment & Support Allowance (ESA): Work Related Acitivity Group (WRAG)
• Universal Credit
• Housing Benefit
• Council Tax Benefit
• Child Tax Credit
• Working Tax Credit (income does not exceed £16,190)
• Income Support
• Pension Credit Guarantee
• ESA – Non WRAG
Sometimes we have volunteer places on our workshops or at events. These are for regular volunteers who have committed a number of hours to the project. Volunteer places are offered on the basis that you will be helper and undertake tasks like preparing the space, making refreshments and assisting the workshop tutor. To become a volunteer please contact us via email or better still join our Facebook group, where we post details of Working Saturdays and other volunteer activities.